My Ticker

Monday, March 1, 2010

Working Blog

Im at work today... along with every other monday-Friday, But Im blogging today which is something I dont think I have done before because usually my screen is in view of other people...

Today I am in at 7:40am and not ment to be in till 8:30. Keen? No... i just overestimated time.

I went to the Gym this morning, did a lovely workout which included:

15mins on the treadmill at spead 5.5 incline 1.5 then a 3 min cool down.
15 mins on the cross trainer - 3 min cool down
15 mins on the bike - 3 min cool down

then some weights....

Then I went into the showers... which have no water pressure (I cant blame them for having water savers, Imagine the water bill they would have! all them sweaty people!)

It was nice though, I bought a new body wash and it smells soo yummy XD

But yeah... I woke up at 5am... left at about 5:15 (took me a lil while to get ready cause I wasnt properly prepared last night) and got there about 5:30 and so I must of down all up a 1.5 hour work out and then a half hour shower and get ready to get here at 7:45... I dont know... For a Trainee Accountant Im not very good with numbers... Guess thats why Im still a Trainee.


But I just want to express my feelings about joining the gym, and its my blog so I can make as long a post as I want!

Last night I woke up several times during the night and checked the time to see if it was time to get up, I dont know if I was excited about going to the gym or whether I was apprehensive... But yeah woke up several times...
The question kept on going through my head on whether or not I could do this, get up every morning at this time and go to the gym, My fiance, love him, questioned me whether I would stick at it and I expressed to him that I would be able to that this isnt like every other diet ive been on, this is different... But now I have the questions running in my head...

So anyway got on the treadmill did my little walk... had the little TV screen on the machine in front of me off so i culd see my body (not purposely, i just have an iPod and prefer to listen to my music) it kind of reminded me of how far I have come and yet how far I have to go to look like the skinny girl that was 2 machines down from me (there was basically her, another lady, some people doing a class and acouple of guys doing weights in the gym at that early hour in the morning, not bad!)

Did all my work outs, i think music really affects how hard I push myself and im going to get a better music library/ playlist so I can utilise that.

I did some weights (stayed away from the ones involving legs... I think I worked them enough)and I decided that while my gym playlist with alot of dance music on it was great for cardio, Korn and Marilyn Manson are really optimum for weights.

Then I headed off to the showers... No one there, but the showers had no shelves!

So I had to leave my stuff out in the changing bench, go in... shower and awkwardly arrange my stuff on the one little hook on the back of the door of the shower. (luckily i bought a toiletry back that has a special hook to hang on the door for the shower.)

It was if I was making excuses in my head at that stage why Joining this gym was maybe not a good idea... Because of the showers! Then I realised to myself:

You can make excuses all you want and you will get no where but where you were before. Or you can find a solution to the problem and succeed in what you strive towards.

So next time Im only taking in the bare essentials into the shower, taking a plastic bag to put my gym clothes in, showering, grabbing my work clothes, and getting dressed in another shower that hasnt got a soaking wet floor. And I can do this because of the whole time I was in there, No one else was there cause its so fricken early in the morning.

So my arms are sore, my legs are sore but I am happy.
Happy that I have made this decision to change my life and Happy that I have taken this weightloss and life improvement to another step.

Also I am happy that I am taking this time out for me. Just for me, and then I can go to work, work productively and then go to uni or go home and study productively and improve my life and my families life.


Peace out

If anyone reads this thank you, I understand that people would have given up a long time ago.... But I needed to get this off my chest and realise the positivity of what I am doing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you for working out--and so early!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading that lol Didnt expect anyone to.
    Im proud of myself too =)

    ReplyDelete