My Ticker

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Quick Post

I just wanted to make a quick post with whats been happening in my life to date.

I got my fill, its going good alot more restriction in the morning and I can eat that solid-er stuff so Im going good I think.

I responded to a call for someone to review a Gastric Banding book, A self Biography of someone called "Fat-Chance" And Im getting sent the book in the mail at the moment, YaY!


And last but definatly not least! We are in the process of buying our first home.
We have made an offer, it has been accepted, we're going to look at the property again today and then sign up the necessary paper wrk and put down our .25% deposit ($830 which is non refundable)

The house needs a bit of work but its livable in while we renovate. It has a self contained granny flat downstairs which my mum will be moving into and helping us pay the mortgage.

There are two things Im worried about... well sorry three...

1. The other couple who had been making offers (an investment couple) and been having them rejected will now make a counter offer and beat us to the cake, now that they know the price that the owner will accept

2. We wont be able to get finance, we've got a back up plan of getting my mum to go guarantor for us and then later on re-financing so she doesnt have to. But we would really like to not go through all of that.

3. the roof is in horrible condition and needs completely replacing, we're doing all the pre-liminary building inspections assuming worry's 1 and 2 dont come true, but there is alot of big trees around the property and so we're quite worried that these have had a damagin effect on the roof, considering that I saw some roof tiles around the house and they have cut down one large tree recently and the branches off of another.

So we shall have to see, time for me to get ready for work, wish me luck today.... every time the phone rings im going to be scared its the real estate agent telling me that the other couple has made a larger offer.....

1 comment:

  1. If it is the right house for you, everything will work out. If not, the right one will come around. Buying a house is a very emotional experience. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete